2018년 8월 15일 수요일
2018년 7월 16일 월요일
2018년 6월 28일 목요일
Rob writing 1
Part 4: World History Video Summary (20-40 minutes)
This video shows the history of Earth. 200 years of change in 4 minutes. It is a unique presentation that will help build your students’ vocabulary and listening skills. The video is also a good example of telling a great story with hypothesis sentences.
Step 1. Watch the video one time.
Step 2. Make notes and answer these questions with a partner.
- What is the variable for each axis on the graph?
- How is each variable counted or measured?
- Write one hypothesis sentence using the data from the video.
Write a 1-2 page report. The report should have 2 main parts: a summary and an analysis.
- start with question and introduce the topic (inquiry method)
- clearly describe the proposed hypothesis
- define all key terms (an excellent tip for all writing assignments)
- no need for opinion, speculation or guessing here
Do you think the hypothesis is accurate?
- Identify and describe at least two causes that would explain why this connection is true. Provide some detail.
- Speculate about at least two possible effects of this connection.
Optional Step: Vocabulary PreviewDepending on the needs of your class, it might be a good idea to preview some vocabulary before students watch the video. Here are some words and phrases critical to video comprehension.
- life expectancy
- income per person
- Middle East
- industrial revolution
- Great Depression
- to catch up